Not in Vain
I haven't been very consistant with this blogging thing :( Sorry. Some days I find myself creating posts in my head, but they usually don't get written down.
The past couple weeks have been crazy. I'm just trying to survive the last few weeks of school, and of course this is when all the major assignments are due. I tend to procrastinate alot, which doesn't help with the whole stress issue at this time of year. Oh well, my motto is to take things one day at a time, and not worry about when future assignments are due. I find helps ease the stress of doing multiple assignments in one week.
Along with being busy, I've also had my mind wrapped up in other things that I wanted to sort out before I blogged about them.
Last month I wrote a couple of posts about baby Isaiah James May, and you may have also noticed a link on my sidebar about Layla Grace Marsh. It is with a really heavy heart that I must say that last week both went to be with Jesus. So needless to say, last week was a tough week for me.
Layla Grace went to be with Jesus early last Tuesday morning. I didn't know Layla, or her family, but she touched me more than I could have ever imagined. Her smile was so full of life and joy. Her short two years of life seemed to be full of so much life. And in her two years, she touched probably over 100,000 people. Wow! I had a really hard time when I found out she went to heaven. There were some interesting personal circumstances that may have made the news harder to take (or may have prepared me more, or both- I don't know yet). Though I can't share the details of what went on with me, I know that God's work for her on this earth was complete. That He made clear to me.
Isaiah James went to be with Jesus last Thursday early afternoon. Again, I didn't know Isaiah, but in the short time I knew about him, he impacted me. After praying so long and hard for him, it was hard to realize that it was God's will for him to go be with Him in heaven.
Both of these beautiful children touched me. Over the last week I've really struggled with the "whys" that come in situations like these. Why did they have to die? Why weren't they healed physically? I know God has the power and ability to heal, so why was it His will to take them home? I guess these answers aren't for right now. God had a purpose for their earthly lives. He is still using their stories to touch many more people. In the short time Layla and Isaiah had on the earth, I've heard of stories (from their facebook pages) of people who have come to God (for the first or second time). People have come to cherish their families/children more. Etc. These two adorable children's lives were not in vain. Though I didn't know them, or their families, they are brothers and sisters in the Lord. I will get to meet them all one day, and for that I'm extremely thankful. And until then, Layla's family, and Isaiah's family will be in my prayers.
I'm sorry if this sounds all mumbled. It's been a lot to sort through over the past week.
And to lighten the mood a little bit, my 21st birthday is in 10 days...That is SO hard to believe. It's a milestone...one that's always held a lot of wishful dreams. I guess I'll have to wait and see what this next year holds. I may have dreams, but I have to remind myself that God's dreams for me are better than my dreams for myself. It's all about His perfect timing :)
Anyway, enough thoughts and rambling from me...Time to work on homework...again!

0 comments:
Post a Comment