One Of Those Weeks...
Have you ever had a week or season of your live where it feels like everything is coming at you from all directions? That's how this week feels for me...
This is my last week at my job. I only have three days left, which I can not believe! It doesn't feel like it should already be the middle of August, but it is. This last week of work is kind of bitter sweet for me, maybe a little more bitter than sweet... I'm excited to be moving on in my schooling, but I am so sad to say goodbye to my coworkers. I'm really going to miss seeing them everyday! I have been so blessed to have a great boss and amazing coworkers! My mom keeps saying I'll have to go back and visit, which I'm sure I will! :)
Leading into this week I knew it would be tough, with it being my last week of work and all, but I didn't realize what else would soon be coming my way...
Yesterday night my family had two of my closest friends over for dinner. It was the last time that we will have them over before they move to California. I'm going to miss them so much! Amanda is one of the first people I met here, and therefore my first friend here!
Then yesterday I found out another friend is moving soon, and today I found out yet another friend is moving even sooner! Needless to say it's been a very teary week so far!
I feel like I'm in a season of complete change. This summer has been so good up until now. It's been peaceful. It's been full of joy. It's been busy, but in a way quiet. Nothing dramatic or surprising has happened...until now. I guess it's a reminder that seasons come and seasons go, yet God is in the middle of it all. I may not understand why all this change is happening, yet I know that God sees the reasons why. And I know that just as He has always been by my side, He is still by my side.
In closing I want to share the lyrics to a song by Starfield that have been going around in my head all evening: "Faith might mean there won't be answers, and hope might mean enduring through the night, but help me not forget in darkness the things that I believed in light." (Something to Say by Starfield)

0 comments:
Post a Comment