His Ways Are Higher...
Two posts ago I wrote a post about the frailty of life.
My great uncle is doing so much better! It truly is a miracle! Last I heard was that today he was going to be moved from the ICU to the Step Down Unit! He has went from almost not surviving to doing so well in a week! All praise to Jesus for his progress and healing!
Yet despite how well Uncle Garth is doing, today I was once again reminded of how fragile life is...
My dad called me this afternoon to see if I could babysit for a family who urgently needed help...a close family member had a heart attack and passed away. Ever since that phone call I've been thinking about how that could have been us...we could have been the ones trying to organize a funeral, but we aren't. We could have been the ones in pain, but we aren't. For some reason my great uncle is getting better, but their loved one is gone. How can I sit back and be joyful about what's going on in my family when another family is hurting so much? How can I be thankful when there are 7 kids in deep pain... How?
I don't understand why things happen the way they do. I don't know why some families seem to have things so easy while others go through heart breaking things time after time again. I don't have the capicity to understand God's plan. Like it says in the Bible "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9 NIV)
God knows exactly what He is doing. I will not ever understand His plan, but everything happens for His honor and glory. In life, and in death. In sickness, and in health. In times of peace, and times of war. In times of famine, and in times of plenty. God will work everything according to His divine plan. Because of sin in the world death, sickness, war, and famine will all happen. BUT, because God is God and has already won victory even the worst of the worst can be turned around to bring people to Him...and that is the most important thing!

0 comments:
Post a Comment