Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Grandma's Love

I am finally getting around to posting my "Family Friday" post from two Friday's ago...
My Grandma J just had her birthday. It was a milestone birthday!! 
Through the years I have lived anywhere from a couple hours to 18 hours away from my grandparents, yet every year we always made sure we went to visit them, and they always came to visit us. Now that I live closer to them than I did before, we have been able to see a lot more of each other! It's been great to see my grandma more often now!

My grandma and I have spent many hours either playing games, visiting, baking, or being out in her garden (something we both love!). 
I remember one time a couple years ago in Kamloops when my grandparents came to visit. We hadn't planted any flowers yet and since my grandparents love gardening, they came with my dad and I to buy some flowers for all our flowerbeds...(Our house in Kamloops had many flower beds! I miss that a lot...) When we were at the store my grandma decided to buy me a beautiful mini rose bush. Every time I looked at my roses it would make me think of my grandma. I treasured that rose bush, but unfortunately due to the severe SK winter we had it died. Though it was just a rose bush, it always reminded me that my grandma loves me.

I am so grateful for my Grandma J. I am thankful for her life and for the legacy she is building for me to carry on. I'm thankful for her love for Jesus. I'm thankful she is my grandma! I love you Grandma!!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Blue Sky' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP