Memories...To Last A Lifetime
Amanda.
I met Amanda when I moved to Calgary when I was seven. I'm pretty sure we met at church and somehow we became good friends. She was one of the main friends that I hung out with while I lived there.
I remember going into grade four at a public school and I was so excited that Amanda was going to be in my class because it meant that I already had a friend at school! After grade four we both were homeschooled until I moved away just after grade six.
A couple days ago I was looking through some old picture albums (thanks to their easy accessibility now that they are upstairs due to the flood...) and saw so many pictures of Amanda and I. Seeing all those pictures brought back so many memories.
So many times over the past year or so I have found myself wishing that life could go back to the simplicity of being a child. Years have passed since I lived in Calgary. At first my friends and I kept in close touch...writing letters back and forth on a regular basis. Slowly the letters stopped, and as they stopped we all slowly lost touch. If I have one regret in life it's that I allowed the distance to creep in and get further and further. I haven't seen Amanda in years. I think the last time I saw her was in 2008. I don't even know where she's at right now. :( But despite the distance that has come in the way I have many memories of our friendship that I hold dear to my heart. Amanda will always be a friend in my heart...no matter how many years go by before I see her again.
Thanks for all the memories Amanda, and thanks for your friendship!



0 comments:
Post a Comment