If You Have Faith...
"Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."
~Matthew 17:20
When I was younger, somewhere between the age of 9-12, my friend gave me the necklace in the picture for my birthday. In the middle of the heart is a mustard seed, and the square behind it has part of Matthew 17:20 on it. As the years have gone by the necklace has been tarnished, the resin holding the seed in the heart has yellowed, but the truth of the necklace remains - If we have faith in God, nothing will be impossible for us.
In life it is easy for faith to be tarnished. It is easy to allow circumstances to distract us or leave us hopeless. It is easy to lose heart.
As I was doing some cleaning a couple days ago I found my necklace, and as I found it God revealed something to me. All it takes is the smallest amount of faith that God can and will do something. A mustard seed is one of the smallest seeds, yet it grows into a large, sturdy tree. The same happens with faith. God takes an ounce of faith and turns it into something strong and unshakable.
I am thankful I found this necklace and was reminded to have faith and trust that God will continuously work. My friend, like others I know, is lost. Yet, although she is lost right now the necklace she gave me years ago reminds me to keep on believing. Keep on hoping. Keep on having faith in Jesus that nothing is impossible...nothing at all. They will come back to Him.
All it takes is faith. Faith to be able to HEAR them praising the Lord. Faith to be able to SEE them with arms lifted to their King. Faith to be able to SAY today is the day they are found.
A song on Phil Wickham's album Response called "This Is The Day" has been a real encouragement to me over the past week or so... Listen to it and declare life over those you know who are lost and need to be found. For today is the day of salvation!

0 comments:
Post a Comment