The Most Important Thing (Part 1)
It has been forever since I have written a blog post. I've been doing a lot of thinking over the past year, but wasn't sure how to put words to what was going on inside of me. The time has finally come to attempt to release those thoughts.
A couple weeks ago I was at a grad banquet for the Master's Commission program at my church. At one point in the program the pastor who overseas the program made a statement that gripped my heart. He said that people are the only things we will be able to take to heaven with us. When we die, we won't bring any material things with us. All our "stuff" will be left behind. The only thing that has any value and significance for eternity is the soul. Therefore, the most important thing in the world is not what job we have or how well off we are, but rather it is the souls around us...the lives that we touch.
Over the past few years my heart has become so broken for the lost. I've always had a missions heart, but circumstances in my life has led to an increase in the brokenness and urgency that my heart has for those who don't have a relationship with Jesus.
I took a small vacation over the past weekend to visit some dear friends, and during my drive I heard a song that I've heard many times before, but a line jumped out to me as I listened to it: "If not us, who will be like Jesus to the least of these?"
When I think about everything that's been going on inside of me over the past number of months and mix that with the two statements I have heard recently, I realized I can no longer be silent in my pondering...because truly, "if not us, who will be like Jesus to the least of these?"
I have a huge passion for my generation. As I've gone from my high school days, to working, and now going to university, I have seen so many struggle in their faith. I've seen the ways of society come in and distract people I love from living out their full identity in Christ, and all along the way my heart has cried out why. Why are so many walking away from living sold out for Jesus? What causes people to give in to things that they know in their hearts are not the way to true life? I've asked all the questions, and struggled with knowing why this is such a problem in our society, and have wondered what I can possibly do to stop it. It's been a journey that I've been struggling on because my heart aches to see my generation...and especially those I know and love...living 100% for Jesus. That's my heart's cry.
This post is quickly becoming a novel, so I will write part two about what God spoke to me about the questions I've just written. Stay tuned!

0 comments:
Post a Comment