Enjoy The Blossoms
I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted...time just keeps getting away from me.
Speaking of time, that's what has been on my mind lately. I've lived in my current city for around 10 years, and for all those 10 years the seasons have come and gone, and this spring I realized that I have overlooked the beauty of each season. Life tends to be busy. People come and go and it's easy to look past the little miracles/beauty of each day. About a month ago I looked outside and noticed all the fruit trees blossoming. It was beautiful. But I found myself thinking about the past springs. Why had I not taken the time to enjoy the blossoms while they were in bloom? So, this year I decided that I was going to enjoy them for as long as they were in bloom.
Life has the potential to change in an instant and who knows how many years or days we'll have to enjoy the small things such as the blossoms on the fruit trees. I know in my life there's allot of stuff going on. Being in my early twenties there are decisions about my future that need to be made. And some of those decisons may one day end up taking me away from all I've known. With that in mind I've made the choice to take everything in and enjoy what I have around me right now. Life can change in the blink of an eye and all we've ever known can be turned upside down. I've seen this to be so true and instead of taking people or places for granted, I want to be able to look back on my life and know that I enjoyed every little miracle a day brought.
So, let's enjoy the blossoms :)
To update the photos on my last post (they were plum and cherry blossoms) here are the apple blossoms:

0 comments:
Post a Comment