Saturday, March 5, 2011

HOW He Loves Us

At church tonight we sang the song "How He Loves" by David Crowder Band.  Growing up in the church, I think it's been too easy to forget just how real the words are that we sing every week.  Tonight we had communion, and while we were getting the emblems, we sang this song.  I was reminded of just how much Jesus loves us. 

Jesus loves us so much that He endured our pain.  He took the punishment for our sin.  Every beating, every mocking word, every cry of anguish was by all rights ours.  But Jesus, in His love for us took our place.  He took those beatings.  He listened to each mocking word.  He cried out in anguish.  And ALL of it for you.  ALL of it for me.  ALL of it because of His love for us.  He did nothing wrong.  But He went to the cross for us.  Thankfully the story doesn't end there, but continues on with Jesus going down to hell to get the "keys of death and hades" (Revelations 1:18) and then rising again, acending into heaven, and promising to return for everyone who loves Him! 

As we sang "How He Loves" I was overwhelmed with how much Jesus really loves me.  I was overwhelmed with the fact that no matter what I've done, or what I will do, He will NEVER leave or forsake me.  Sometimes I get overwhelmed when I think of those I know and love who are not serving Jesus.  Those who knew Him and knowingly turned their backs, or those who have never come to know Him.  But tonight I realized something...God has never left them either.  He has been with them always.  He has been knocking on the door of their heart, aching to come in .  He LOVES them too.  He loves them so much that no matter what they are doing right now, He is still there with them, even if they don't realize it.  He loves them so much that it pains them when they don't acknowledge them...but because of His love, He will continue standing with them, waiting for them to open their hearts to His love. 

John 3:16 says:  "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whosoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life."

God so LOVED, so that you and I can spend eternity with Him!  He so loved that He came down to earth to live a life like you and me, only without sin.  He endured the hurt, the pain, the suffering, the betrayal, the loneliness, and the grief that you and I deal with.  All because He loves us and desires for us to spend eternity with Him in heaven!  Wow!  Thank you Lord!! 

Here are a couple songs we've been singing at church that talk about how Jesus loves us, and how He endured our pain...

"How He Loves" by David Crowder Band



"Because of Your Love" by Phil Wickham

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Blue Sky' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP