Wednesday, November 24, 2010

All About Me Day 24 - Where I Live

Here is post 24 in the "All About Me In 30 Days" blog hop.

The topic of today is where I live.  Let me see.  How can I put it into words?

It's flat.  Cold.  White.  Cold.  And white some more! 

I live in what would be considered the "prairies" and it seriously is FLAT!  (Well, for someone who basically grew up in the mountains...)  Right now it is extremely cold... -19 to be exact with a wind chill that is -31!  It is freezing!  On top of the cold weather, right now we have more snow than I care to see, but I better get used to it...it will most likely be here until April! 

I haven't written a lot about where I live.  Most of my writing has been how I miss BC.  It has taken a while for me to see the beauty in the province and city that I now live in.  I think I finally see some! 

Before the snow fell, there was beautiful hoar frost on the trees!  Some days it would last all day!  I tried to take a few pictures but they didn't really turn out.  I'll have to try again next time. 

Another thing I really enjoy about where I live is the amazing people I have met.  Before we left BC my dad came up with a theory that SK people were 'open' because the land is 'open'.  I have to agree, he was right about them being open and friendly!  I have met so many new friends that there are moments where I feel overwhelmed!  It's so amazing to come to a place where I knew nobody and three months later have a fistful of new friends!  I can't wait to get to know them all better!

As for more details on where I live, well, I don't really have anything else to add.  I've pretty much summed it up!  I guess I should add that I live a whole lot closer to my relatives than I have in years!  As a matter of fact, I live so close to some of them that I have the priviledge of going to my baby cousin's shower this weekend!  How is that for close!  I'm so excited!  :)

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Blue Sky' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP