Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Almond Milk

About a month or so ago I wrote a post about how I had taken myself off dairy products.  Last week my mom suggested I try almond milk since the Lactaid I was not working. 

The almond milk is actually pretty good.  It has a better taste than the soy milk I had been drinking.  The best part about it is that it is all natural, is inexpensive, and very easy to make!

The recipe I use is adapted from Mckmama's blog: 

1/2 cup almonds
4 dried dates
3 cups water

Put all three ingredients into the blender and mix until it is smooth and has a milky appearance.  Strain the pulp out (my mom enjoys eating this plain!) and refrigerate.  It will keep in the fridge for 3 days. 

There you have it.  A nice easy recipe for any of you who are like me and are staying away from dairy.  Or it's a nice recipe for those of you who are looking for something new to add to your diet!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Blue Sky' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP