Wednesday, November 10, 2010

All About Me Day 18 - My Future Wedding

This is post 18 in the "All About Me in 30 Days" blog hop. 

For as long as I can remember I have dreamt about my future wedding.  I have written about it before, but my friends and I would lie awake on sleepovers and verbally dream about our wedding day.  Sometimes I still allow myself to dream of my wedding day...

What will it look like?  How many bridesmaids will I decide to have?  What will the setting be?  Will I get married in a church or outdoors like has become popular lately?  Will I find the wedding dress I always dreamed of?  And the most important question of that day is...who will my groom be?! 

Oh...there are SO many questions about that day, yet so much anticipation in knowing that when my wedding day finally comes so many prayers will be answered.  So many hopes will be realized.  My dreams for my future will start to unfold before my eyes...

So, what do I imagine it to be like?  Good question! 

When I was younger I focused on the appearance of the day.  As I have grown up I have begun to focus more on the "after" aspect of the day instead of the day itself.  Sure I want a nice wedding day where I am wearing a beautiful wedding dress and have fancy hair.  Sure I want the decorations and glamour.  Sure I want all my family, friends, and everyone who has blessed my life to be there.  I have come to the conclusion that I could have that all, but if "after" isn't what I dreamed of, than it wouldn't be worth it. 

I guess what I am trying to say in all my rambling is that my focus has gone from the wedding day itself to the marriage part of the deal.  My focus has turned more towards my future husband.  You see, I could have the beautiful, big wedding I always dreamed of, but the most important thing to me is who my future husband is.  It is what his character is.  It's who he is in Jesus Christ that matters to me. 

As long as I am marrying the 'man of my dreams' on my wedding day, and as long as I am confident that this 'man of my dreams' is who God would have me to marry, I could care less about the visible part of the wedding day. 

I don't know what my wedding will be like.  I don't know when it will be.  But I do know that I am committed myself to a lifetime with the man I marry..."to death do us part."  And I do know that my wedding day will be one of the best days of my life!

1 comments:

Anonymous

Breanna this is so full of beautiful words. I look at you and see a amazing women and it is neat to see your love for Jesus!!! I know that God has the best person chosen for you and when that day comes I will be in the audience crying with joy that my beautiful neice has found him. More importantly I know that he will be blessed and honored to have such a Godly woman. I often think of the Scripture found in Proverbs 3:5-6 `Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.`` Our paths are what matters to God. Will we follow His dreams for our lives or will we only follow our own dreams. Keep longing for God to speak and move in power. Love you very much! Love Auntie Jess

  © Blogger template 'Blue Sky' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP