Turning Darkness into Light
This past weekend I bought the latest Passion CD "Here For You." Once again I am impressed with how great the songs on the CD are. One of them imparticularly really stands out to me: "Shadows" by David Crowder Band and Lecrae. I can't even count how many times I've listened to it.
At Bible Study on Monday night the topic of 'going through hardships/struggles/a winter season' came up. This song really speaks to that season of life.
Listen to the song and take comfort in knowing that Jesus endured the cross for us...to "bring dark to light."
PS. Here are the lyrics to the rap. They are powerful!
With every breath I take, every heart beat
Sunrise and the moon lights in the dark street
Every glance, every dance, every note of a song
All a gift undeserved that I shouldn't have known
Every moment I lie, every moment I covet
I'm deserving to die, I'm earning Your judgement
I, without the cross there's only condemnation
If Jesus wasn't executed there's no celebration
So in times that are good, in times that are bad
For any time I've had it all I will be glad
And I will boast in the cross, I will boast in His name
I will boast in the sunshine, boast in His reign (rain)
What's my life if it's not praising You
Another dollar in my bank account of vain pursuit, I do
That count my life as any value or precious at all
Let me finish my race, let me answer Your call
**Apparently there are technical difficulties right now with trying to embed youtube videos onto my blog, so here's the link to the song. Hopefully this will work!

0 comments:
Post a Comment