History In The Making
This weekend is evidently one that will go down in history books for those in the future to look back on the significant events that have gone on.
First there was Prince William and Kate's wedding on Friday. I personally did not watch it live as I woke up early to finish my studies (which are now COMPLETE!!), but I did watch a replay of it this afternoon and it was a beautiful wedding! I pray that in their marriage they will acknowledge and put God first...just like was prayed over them!
Next is the news that was publically announced just moments ago...Osama Bin Laden is dead! This definitely is making history even as I type. The US searched for him for almost 10 years. Yet as I heard the news of his death I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed with the fact of where he is right now...for all of eternity...in hell without God. What he did was wrong, as I'm sure you would all agree, but what if for a moment his life had been changed? What would have happened then? But I guess there's no use in dwelling on what could have been...instead I need to dwell on the now and all those around me who need to hear of the love of Jesus Christ and who need to know that no matter what they have done...whether good or bad...Jesus died a sinner's death for them. All of them...even Osama! What makes the difference is the acceptance of what Jesus did, and their desire to live a changed life glorifying Him.
Now, tomorrow marks another day that will go down in history. And I remind ALL my Canadian readers...VOTE! Canada needs a stable government. We don't need promises...empty or not. We need a government that will lead Canada in a godly manner. None of the parties are perfect, but as you cast your vote tomorrow...please contemplate which government party will uphold their values and morals. Which party will stand for integrity. Which party will stand for righteousness.
Vote tomorrow and make your say known. Help in allowing May 2, 2011 to be a day in which history was made!

0 comments:
Post a Comment