All About Me Day 1- Favourite Song
Here is the awaited first post in the "All About Me in 30 Days" blog hop!
Today's topic is my favourite song.
What is my alltime favourite song?! I don't think I even know! I have different favourite songs, depending on what's happening in my life.
My favourite song this week is "The Glory of It All" by David Crowder Band and can be found on the Passion CD "God of This City."
On Wednesday I had the priviledge of going to a David Crowder Band/Hillsong Youth Worship Concert. I had heard "The Glory of It All" before but it wasn't a song I really listened to a whole lot. When David Crowder led it on Wednesday, I sang along, but it still wasn't my "favourite" song. It's not that I didn't like it, because I did, it just wasn't one that stood out to me like "Here is Our King" or some of the others he has written. Something changed on Wednesday though. As I was singing it, out of the blue I really felt God speaking to me about a few imparticular things.
With my move away from Kamloops I have had a tough time with all the change that has occured in my life, and I had many questions as to something I really feel God placed in my heart almost 3 years ago. I guess to be really honest, I wasn't sure how everything God placed in my heart was going to work out anymore. (I've been learning A LOT about trusting Him to put all the pieces together!)
As we were singing "The Glory of It All" God really spoke to me that He is always with me. In that moment He confirmed in my heart so many things that I had been feeling for the past week or so. Thus, "The Glory of It All" became the declaration of my heart. No matter what goes on in our life, no matter if it seems like God is here or not, "the glory of it all is He IS here!!" He is working, we just might not be able to see it clearly. It's like the verse in 1 Corinthians 13:12:
"Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known."I still don't fully understand everything God has done, is doing, and will do, I just have confidence that He is doing something amazing! After Wednesday, God really showed my tangibly that He is doing what I believe He has impressed upon my heart! I just have to trust!
So, all that to say, "The Glory of It All" has taken on a new meaning in my life!
"The glory of it all is You came here for the rescue of us all that we may live!" Amen!

0 comments:
Post a Comment