Sunday, October 17, 2010

Stand In Awe

I was just going through a few of my old ID eJournals that I wrote around this time two years ago, and I came across one that is about something I have been thinking about lately. 

Here it is...

October 16, 2008
            This week, as I was reading Ecclesiastes 5, the first part about standing in awe of God really stood out to me.  In the devotional book, Pure, by Rebecca St. James, one of the days is titled “In Awe.”  This particular devotion defines awe as being overwhelmed by God’s majesty.  With this definition in mind, I saw this chapter differently than other times.  As Solomon goes through verses 1 to 8, the greatness of God is very evident.  God is so big, but yet He desires to live inside every human being.  This is such an overwhelming concept that all we can do is just stand in awe of God.  As much as God holds the universe in His hands, He is walking beside us and making our paths straight.  I guess this is something that I need to work on trusting.  I need to trust that God knows what is best for me, as well as for everyone around me.  I need to work on not worrying about the future, but rather, standing in awe of God, knowing that His ways are better than mine.  I guess this goes hand in hand with verse 7, which talks about how “much dreaming and many words are meaningless.  Therefore stand in awe of God.”  It’s so easy to let the flesh go down its natural path and worry, but rather, we all need to discipline our lives so that we can take control of our flesh instead of letting our flesh take control over us.  This needs a lot of work and prayer, including a daily submission to God, but as we allow the Lord to have control over our lives, trusting and standing in awe of Him will slowly become part of our daily lives.  It is something we all need to work on, with God’s help, so that we can be confident that His ways are higher than ours, causing us to have fewer meaningless dreams and words and have more awe of God.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Blue Sky' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP