Thursday, December 2, 2010

All About Me Day 25 - My Day in Great Detail

Here is my 25th post in the "All About Me in 30 Days" blog hop.

I am going to cheat a little bit on this post because I was meaning to write this first of all Saturday, then when that didn't happen I was going to write it on Tuesday.  So, I'm going to go back in time to Tuesday, because it was a crazy day!

Be prepared for a LONG post!

Tuesday November 30, 2010

6:00

  • I woke up after a long night where I wasn't feeling very well.
  • I checked facebook and the weather network.
  • I ate Vector cereal with my homemade almond milk.
  • I got dressed, washed my face, brushed my teeth.
7:00
  • I made my lunch.
  • I finished getting ready for work.
  • I left for work.
  • I arrived at the house where I do part time nannying.
  • I waited for Sam, the little guy I watch, to wake up.
8:00
  • I still waited for Sam to wake up.
  • ...and I still waited some more.
  • I read while I was waiting for Sam to wake up.
  • I still wasn't feeling well.
9:00
  • I still was waiting for Sam to wake up so I went to check on him.  He was still fast asleep.
  • I read some more.
  • Finally at around 9:45 Sam woke up! 
  • I fed Sam breakfast only to have him puke it all up...
10:00
  • Once I finished cleaning Sam up, I went to change his diaper... Bad choice...
  • I was opening his new diaper, and taking off the other one I glanced up and saw a yellow stream beginning to form.  (Sorry!) 
  • I jumped out of the way to keep from getting sprayed...
  • I moved Sam out of the way and finished changing him. 
  • I found some cleaning supplies and cleaned up Sam's mess before the cat walked through it...
  • Sam and I played.
11:00
  • I went to blow my nose.
  • I came back to see Sam playing in a pile of puke...on the area rug. 
  • I cleaned up Sam...again...and started cleaning the rug. 
  • I gave Sam his bottle and put him to bed.
  • I read a little bit more as I tried to recover from the three messy incidents I had just encountered! 
  • I started to feel a little bit better.
12:00
  • I read and rested some more. 
  • I ate lunch.
  • Sam woke up so I went to get him, hoping that the rest of the day would go smoothly.
  • Sam and I played some more.
  • I washed some dishes.
  • I fed Sam lunch.
  • I turned to put some food on Sam's spoon, only to look up and see puke coming right for me.  Again!  It was NOT funny! 
  • I cleaned Sam up AGAIN!  I decided reflux is the worst possible thing about my job.  Worse than a dirty diaper! 
  • I put Sam down to go play while I tried to clean up the rest of his mess.
1:00
  • I dried and put away the dishes.
  • Sam and I played some more.
  • I started teaching Sam how to stand on his own.  Before I know it he'll be running around getting into everything!
  • I got Sam's bath ready and gave him a nice quick bath to freshen him up. 
  • Sam played a little bit longer.
2:00
  • I put Sam down for his second nap.
  • I rested and tried to force myself to feel a little better.  Somehow the worst things happen on days that are already not going so well...
3:00
  • I rested/read some more. 
  • I tidied up a little bit.
4:00
  • Sam woke up.
  • I fed him an early supper...this time without any incidents!
  • Sam played for a bit.
  • I gave Sam his bottle.
  • Sam and I played some more.
5:00
  • I got Sam already to leave for a hockey game as soon as his parents got home.
  • Finally it was time for me to go home! 
  • Rest has never sounded better!
6:00
  • I got home, ate supper, and rested on the couch.
  • I had a nice long warm bath.
7:00
  • I finally was able to get partially caught up on 19 Kids and Counting!  I hadn't seen it in a few weeks...
8:00/9:00
  • My brother kindly did my hair for me!  It's so relaxing after a long day! (Especially when I'm not feeling well in the first place!)
  • I kind of watched The Biggest Loser while resting on the couch. 
  • During commercials I flipped on The Little Couple...there was an interesting episode on the ICU that I wanted to watch. 
10:00
  • After a long day it was finally time for bed. 
  • I got all ready for bed, read my BRAND NEW NIV Archaeological Study Bible (I have wanted this particular Bible for years and finally found it on an amazing sale a couple weeks ago!  I am so excited about it!)
  • Then it was time to call it a day and turn out the lights!
Man, that's a long post to sum up a long day!  I'm kind of scared to press publish for fear of how long it will actually look... :)  Here it goes...

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Blue Sky' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP