Thursday, December 16, 2010

Our Amazing Body

I hope you have taken a look at my previous post (and watched the video) that I wrote after I went to the Science Center this past Saturday.  If not, I hope you do, and that you take a moment to watch the video clip.  I had more to say about that post, but being how busy life has been lately I ran out of time to write it that day, and now I can't remember what it was.  Sorry!  The video clip pretty much sums up everything I was thinking during and after I watched the video on the Hubble Space Telescope.

After I watched the IMax video on the Hubble Telescope, I went to see the Human Body Display.  Can I just say WOW!!  It was incredible!

This exhibit has been travelling around the world for awhile now, and if you have the chance to I would suggest you go and see it!  This display takes real human bodies (it's not really as gross or disturbing as it sounds) and puts them on display to show how the different parts of the body are formed.  There were parts of the display on the nervous system, the respiratory system, the skeletal system, the muscular system, etc. 
Right now I'm studying the human body in school, but all the pictures I have seen can not even be compared to seeing the actual thing right in front of me.  It was incredible!  It amazes me to think about how our body is put together perfectly.  There are so many tiny parts to it that on their own seem useless, but when joined with the other parts of the body they are absolutely necessary! 

My absolute favourite part of the exhibit was the prenatal area.  Going into it I wasn't sure what to expect because seeing that these were real human beings, I thought it might be too hard to take.  It was sad, but I reminded myself as I walked through it that every single one of those babies were in heaven right now.  Knowing that made me able to learn from their lives as I saw what I otherwise would never have seen. 

There were four tiny little containers sitting in the middle of the display.  Four tiny babies.  The biggest was 5 months gestation and was no bigger than my thumb.  The smallest was too small to see. 

The one that impacted me the most was the baby at 8 weeks gestation.  8 weeks.  He/she was so tiny, yet absolutely perfect.  I could see where the ears were going to be formed.  I could see the arms and the legs.  I could see the spot on it's face where it's eyes would be.  And as I stood there overcome by the tiny details of this little one, I thought of Psalm 139: 13-14:

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
How anyone who sees that tiny baby can still look at him or her and still believe that it is not a human is honestly beyond me!  To me that baby was absolutely beautiful.  They all were.  They were all knit together in their mothers' wombs and they were all wonderfully made.  And right now they are all in heaven praising Jesus!  How amazing!!

It doesn't surprise me that the part of the entire display was the small prenatal section.  I enjoyed all the rest but there was something especially special about the prenatal section.  It grabbed my heart and reminded me about the beauty of life and how each and every one of us are miracles knit together by the very hand of God!  How amazing is that!!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Blue Sky' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP