Book Review: Praying For Your Future Husband
I just finished reading Praying for Your Future Husband, (PFYFH) by Robin Jones Gunn and Tricia Goyer. I have read many, if not most of Robin Jones Gunn's books, so when I heard about PFYFH I was excited to read it!
Like the other Robin Jones Gunn books, this one was an easy read full of many points that made me stop and think. I have prayed for my future husband throughout my life, but this book showed me that there is more to praying for our future husbands than just praying for him. By praying for him our lives will be changed and molded into who God has made us to be.
Both authors, Robin Jones Gunn and Tricia Goyer, shared stories from their individual journeys of life and love, while describing how they came to a place where they began to pray for their husbands. They broke their life stories into thirteen key characteristics that we need to focus our prayers on. They describe each area by telling their stories and then give outlines and sample prayers to give the reader ideas to begin praying about. Throughout the book it becomes evident that if we are open to God working in our lives He will take our love story and make it His love story for us.
There are so many things I enjoyed about this book! In fact, I enjoyed every part of the book from the layout, to the incorporation of scriptures. I definitely would encourage every woman to read it, single or not. The key characteristics are ones that every woman should focus on praying for their husband, whether they know him yet or not!
Personally this book reminded me of the importance of setting time aside to pray for my future husband. I look forward to the day I meet him and see the results of those prayers! The following remark is from the closing thoughts of PFYFH and it beautifully describes how incredible praying for your future husband is:
"When the day comes that your love story is celebrated by your closest friends and family, you'll know that every prayer was worth it. Every whispered word from a tender heart is precious to God. No request is ignored. No moment spent with your Heavenly Father is wasted.
You might even wish you had prayed more. Why? Because your prayers are the first gifts you will give to your future husband. Gifts in which heaven participates. Gifts sent ahead before the two of you have even met. How cool is that?"
Praying for Your Future Husband, page 192
Wow! Just to think that God takes the prayers we pray and uses them to unite our hearts to the man He has in mind for us excites me! In the process He also takes our prayers and brings us closer to Him! It is incredible!
*Waterbrook Multnomah Publishers provided me with a complementary copy in exchange for an honest review of the book. All opinions about Praying for Your Future Husband are my own.


0 comments:
Post a Comment