Honouring Friends and Family
I have officially decided I am going to do a version of "Friends and Family Friday" but I am going to change things up a bit. If I only do a Friday post it will take forever to go through all my friends and family, so I am going to do two posts a week. One on Tuesday. One on Friday.
Tuesday will be "Peculiar Treasure Tuesday." I love the Robin Jones Gunn books and two of the main characters refer to themselves as 'peculiar treasures' taken from Exodus 19:5:
"Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine." (KJV)
"Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession." (NIV)I really like the message this verse brings across and I like to claim this Word of God over my life and my fellow 'peculiar treasures' who are the people God has brought into my life!
Friday will be "Family Friday" but I'm still trying to come up with a nice descriptive term to go with it, so if you think of one feel free to let me know! I need ideas! Haha!
So tomorrow I'll write my first "Peculiar Treasure Tuesday" post! I've been afraid to do posts like this because I am afraid of forgetting someone...but I apologize in advance if I do! There have been so many people who have impacted my life and I want to honour them! I'll write about the person who God lays on my heart each week...because He constantly brings people to mind. Some of those people I haven't seen in years, and may never see again, while others are people I see every week. It will vary. I am excited to start these posts!
Oh, and if you ever want to go back to the various posts, I am going to have headings in my linkbar where they will all be listed for easy viewing!

0 comments:
Post a Comment