Friends...for Life
Here is my very first "Peculiar Treasure Tuesday" post!!
I am going to start this series of posts by writing about my first ever 'peculiar treasure' Megan!
(At my third birthday party. Megan on the left, me on the right.)
(Me, James (a friend of ours), and Megan at church.)
I have many good memories of the times we spent together when we were young! When I moved away to a new town at the age of 5 or 6, Megan and I kept in touch by writing letters, and later emails.
(Megan and I won the church picnic race against our two friends James and Jordan!)
Somehow once camp was over we lost contact for 12 years! It was unintentional but looking back I wish I hadn't of let the years pass without communicating with Megan! Yet, God knew how thrilled I would be to get back in touch with my childhood best friend! (We used to have a pact saying "best friends for life" or something along those lines! I'm sure she remembers that better than I do...)
(At camp when we were 10. The last time I had seen Megan.)
This past April my mom and I went to my birth town to see an Easter musical that our old church puts on. It was going to be showing 3 times. We went to the Saturday night showing. When we got there so many people recognized my mom. I remembered a few of them, and a lot of memories were brought to mind! There was one lady that I didn't really remember but I won't forget what she told me that night. She is Megan's grandma and she told me Megan was going to be coming to the church to see Hosanna that night! I was so excited! I hadn't seen Megan in 12 years and I was going to see her again!!
Seeing Megan was like time hadn't past! Our moms both said we look exactly like we did when we were little! It's true! Haha!
(April 2011)





0 comments:
Post a Comment